Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Introduction

Hey blog readers, My name is Ariel. I am a college student in Texas studying Deaf Education. I am part of a college campus organization called Chi Alpha (XA). It is a Christian Organization where I am a small group leader, so I lead a bible study once a week for my girls. Chi Alpha and school keep me extremely busy.
I will be posting my whole testimony within the next couple of days but here is a brief one just so you can kind of get to know me as of right now.

I grew up in a really small town with my single mom and special needs brother. Church has always been a part of my life whether I really wanted to go or was forced to go. Today, I cannot thank my mom enough for dragging me to church even when I was being a teenager and Church was not the "Cool" thing. I accepted Christ for the "second time" (will post more about that later) when I was 15 at a Worth The Wait conference. I have gone in and out of living the Christian life since then. It wasn't until my senior year in high school that I truly started to get my life straight, thanks to my awesome Youth Pastors. Shortly after that I went off to college and was terrified that I would get stuck in the wrong crowd of people. I would get into the drinking, partying, sleeping with guys, and drugs. At this point I decided that I could not do it by myself. I spent all summer before school starting praying that I would find the right crowd, find christian friends, find uplifting people that I would be friends with the rest of my life. My second night at college I found my future small group leader (involved with XA) (more to come about this) which invited me to church the following morning. Needless to say that God answered my prayers pretty early on in my college career. I now have some amazing friends, went through the Leadership Training Class (LTC) to be a small group leader my second semester. Now I am about to start my 4th semester at college and love it. It is not always easy being a Christian but in the end it is so worth it.

The reason for starting this blog...
1) to bring Christ to others through Social Media.
2) to keep track of my walk with Christ.
3) to have a motivational site for those that are trying to stay strong in their walk.

I hope that I can fulfill my purpose with this blog. And I pray blessings over each person that reads it!(:

If any of you have any ideas of posts, or comments, or concerns please email me. (:
arielpaige5893@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment