Monday, January 14, 2013

God I need direction...

A couple weekends ago I went to The World Missions Summit 3 (TWMS3) and I pledged to give a year and pray about a lifetime. God has made it clear that I am to finish school first so I can use my deaf education as a tool to get into other countries that are extremely hard to get into being a missionary. When I think about school though I get discouraged considering I still have 3 years left. AHH. Until then, until the time that I am actually to give my year, which I feel it's Eurasia that I am being called to, I kind of stumbled upon this opportunity to go to Egypt. (Part of Eurasia, Kind of ironic??) Well I emailed them about what I could do there and I got a response this morning about two different choices to choose from. The volunteer position I would be staying in an orphanage for at least one week and up to as many weeks as I would like. How AWESOME would that be? The other is a mandatory 3 weeks that are already set.

This is where I am at at the moment. I know it is a great missions opportunity and I would be working with other missionaries and reaching to the children of Egypt, BUT I am still searching for if this is what God's will is for me or if it is just something that I came upon on a whim and think it's a great idea. I am praying about it and seeking for some direction.

If you are reading my blog or happened to stumble across it (maybe that is coincidence as well?) Please pray with me. Pray that God can lead me in the right direction and if this is God's will, If I am to go to Egypt that the funds become available for me. I am not rich and as I have said in the past, I am a college student. Also, if this is God's will it will be hard to try to explain this to my parents so also start praying for divine intervention between my words and their ears and hearts if I do have to tell them I am going to Egypt.

Thank you in advance for the prayers. May God Bless You!

-Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment